– Good evening, sir
– Evening. I’d like to check in please
– Certainly, sir. Do you have a reservation?
– Yes, it’s in the name of Marden Andrew White
– That’s right. You booked a room with the view of the harbor
….Can you please sign your name in the registration book?
– Here is your key card
…You’re in room number 1004
…It’s on the thirtieth floor
…You’ll have a great view of harbor from there
– Where can I get something to eat?
– Our restaurant is located on the third floor
…Dinner is served from 7
– Great. What time is breakfast served in the morning?
– Breakfast is served between 6 and 10
Ok. Thank you for your help
– You’re very welcome sir
…I’ll just call a bell-boy to show you to your room
…I hope you’ll enjoy your stay
Asking about local information
– Is there anything interesting to see nearby?
– Yes, the hotel is in the area called the Rocks
…It’s the oldest part of the city
…There’re many cafes and restaurants nearby
– Are there any shops in the area?
– There are a few small craft shops
…and we have a morning market every Saturday and Sunday
– The morning market sounds interesting
– Are there many stores?
– Yes, it’s very big
…You can buy souvenirs, handy crafts, jewelry, clothes
It’s very good
– Where are the other shops?
– Most of the shops are up in the city centre
…It’s a short walk away
– And the harbor is nearby, too, isn’t it?
– That’s right
…You’ll have a good view of it from your bed room window