– Hello, sir
…Are you dining alone?
– Yes, table for one ,please
– Smoking or non smoking?
– Non smoking please
– I have a table for you
…Please follow me
– Would you like to drink with your meal sir?
– Can I see the wine list, please?
– I can recommend the House Red
– It’s dry wine from the Hunter Valley in New South Wales
– Ok. I’ll have a bottle of the House Red please
– Certainly, sir. Here’s tonight menu
…A waitress will be with you shortly to take your order
– Ok. Thank you
– Here’s the wine that you ordered .sir
…Would you like to let it breathe for a little while or shall I pour it now?
– I’ll have a glass now, please
– Are you ready for me to take the order?
– Yes, I’ll have the T-bone steak, please
– How would you like it cooked?
– Medium rare
– Ok. That is served with seasonal vegetables
…And your choice of jacket potato or chips?
– Jacket potato please
…I haven’t had jacket potato for a long time
– Ok. That’s one T-bone steak, medium rare with seasonal vegetables and jacket potato
– Yes, thank you
– Is everything OK sir?
– Yes, that was delicious. Thank you
– Would you like some dessert?
…We have cheese and biscuits, fresh apple pie and chocolate éclair
– Ah, yes, I’ll have a chocolate éclair please
– Can I get you anything else?
– Yes, I’d like a café latte please
– I’ll bring it to you in a moment
– Could I have the bill, please?
– Certainly. I’ll get it for you
– Would you like to pay now or shall I charge it to your room?
– I’d rather pay now ,please
– I will be back with the bill
– Ok.So you had a T-bone steak, a bottle of the House Red, a chocolate éclair and a cup of coffee
…That will be $36.74
– Is service included?
– Yes.That includes tax and 10% service charge
– Here’s 40 dollars. You can keep the change
– Thank you very much
– Thank you. Goodbye