– Good morning, Room Service. How can I help you?
– Good morning. I’d like to order some breakfast ,please
– Certainly. What would you like , sir?
– What cereals do you have?
– Well, we have cornflakes, we have muesli, wheat bakes and all-bran
– I’ll have a bowl of cornflakes please
– Would you like anything else, sir?
– Yes, I’d like two poached eggs on toast, please
– OK. That’s one bowl of cornflakes and two poached eggs on toast
– Would you like a drink with your breakfast?
– Yes, can I have a cup of coffee and some orange juice, please
– Sure, it will be sent to you in 15 minutes…The bill will be charged to your room
– Thank you. Goodbye
– Bye bye
– Good morning, Sir. How can I help you?
– I’d like to exchange some currency
…Is there a bank nearby?
– I’m afraid they’re all closed on Sunday
– Yes. I forgot that it’s Sunday
– We do have a cashier service available here, though
…what currency would you like to change?
– I’d like to change Thai baht into Australia. dollar
– Sure. Our exchange rate is 20.62 baht to a dollar
…and our commission fee is 2 percent
– Ok. I’d like to change 10 thousand baht please
– Fine. That’s $442 and 8 cent
…minus $8 and 84 cent for commission
– I’d like to send some postcards to my friends
…Where can I buy postcards and stamps?
– The hotel shop has a good collections of postcards and you can buy your stamps there, too
– OK. How would I know what stamps to buy?
– The shop assistant will have a chart.
…so let you’ll know what stamps to buy
– Is there a postbox nearby?
– We can do that for you here, sir
…there’s a postbox at the end of the reception desk
– Great. Wonderful
– One more thing, it’s my first day of sightseeing here
…Can you suggest anywhere that I should go first?
– Well, the hotel has a concierge
…His desk is over there by the door
…He will be able to give you advices on tourist attractions and even make tour bookings for you
– Ok. I’ll go see him now. Thanks again, bye