– Do you have any questions for me?
– Yes, what is the starting salary?
– The starting salary is $35000/year, plus benefits
– And what are the hours of the job?
– The office opens at 7am
…Most people usually take a one-hour lunch break around noon
…And then leave about 4pm
…But the office doesn’t close until 6pm
…So you can stay later if you like
– Do you have any questions?
– May I ask what the specific responsibilities for this position are?
– Sure. You’ll be expected to be in the office during office hours which is from 8 am until 5.30 pm, Monday to Friday
…You’ll also be expected to answer incoming telephone calls and to help walk- in customer
…You’ll be also expected to work with typing, filing and some data entry
– Can you tell me about the history of the company?
– The history. Sure
…We started our company in 1980 and we began in New York
…But we moved here in 1990
…Since then, we’ve opened in 10 states across the Eastern US
– Would you like to ask me any questions?
– What kind of person are you looking for?
– We’re looking for a responsible person who can handle pressure
…Someone good at experience and training is good but not necessary
– Do you offer any kind of educational or training programs for employees?
– Yes we offer free computer training for full-time employees
…And there’s also some on-the-job training at the beginning
– So do you have any questions?
– Yes. What is the focus of this company?
– The focus of our company is to provide the best service to our customers in this industry
– And what’s the starting salary?
– The starting annual salary is $26000
…We also provide help insurance for employees
– OK and do you have the dress code?
– Yes, only business attire. Slacks, skirts or long dresses for women
…No T-shirts and shorts
…Sandals are alright but they must have straps on the heel
– Do you have any questions to ask me?
– Yes, …Is this a new position?
– No, actually, it’s not
…The last person was transferred to a branch in Canada
…We needed to fill this position immediately
– In which country does this company operate?
– We have operations in the US and Canada
…But we also have partners in Europe who do business in Germany and the UK
– May I be asked to travel or relocate?
– It’s possible but not likely
– Can you describe the corporate culture in this company?
– Sure. Most of our employees are from the United States
…But we do have some people working here from Australia, Canada and the UK
…Most of us are young
…But we have people working here who have been here for over 10 years
…We’re very hard working people, but we like to have fun
…Sometimes we get together on the weekends informally