– Exporting paper bags to China?
– I’m not sure. It sounds too risky
– How much investment would you need?
– Well, I did some financial calculations earlier
…And I reckon that I need $500000 for the packaging facilities
…And another $250000 for the marketing
– Does that include your expenses and overheads?
…Packaging factories are very expensive to set up and maintain
– Yeah, I know. I figure I can save money by using our existing facilities and retraining the staff
– Oh no. You’re not saying what I think you‘re saying
– That’s right, James. I’m thinking of giving up printing business and trying something new
– Why? Things are going so well now
…Profits are growing every year.
…We’re the number one firm in town
…Why should we change?
– I just feel like we become complacent in our lives
…We need a new challenge
…I think It would be a lot of fun
– Ok, oh…Before you close everything down, have you thought about the alternatives?
– Well, can you think of a better solution?
…Because I think this is an opportunity that we definitely should not miss
– How about this?
…We’ll borrow money from the bank and we’ll set up a brand new facility
– Go on
– That way we don’t have to directly risk our existing business
…And if things don’t work out, we’ll still have something to fall back on
– Ok. It sounds like a better idea
– Why don’t you work on the new numbers and we’ll discuss it tomorrow morning
– I agree. It has to be another way
– I’ll see you tomorrow morning with new numbers