– Hello, Mr Brown. Thomas Jones, Floyd bank, is holding for you on the line 3
– Thank you Anna
– Hello, James Brown’s speaking
– Hello, Mr. Brown. This is Thomas Jones calling from Floyd Bank. How are you today?
– Hello, Mr Jones. How nice of you to call
– Have you managed to arrange a meeting with Mr Smith for us yet?
– Not yet. Making a meeting with Mr Smith is easier said than done
…Perhaps, you’d find it more convenient to speak with me
– Really?You do know that we were really hoping to get in to see him before the end of the fiscal year
– Yes, well as you know. Mr Smith is a very busy man
– We are all very busy running our own businesses you know
…So both Mr Stuart and myself really hope that you will find the way to fit us in to Mr Smith’s very busy schedule
– I fully understand how you feel but I hope that you ’ll be a comfortable talking to me as with Mr Smith if you cannot see him
– As I’m sure, you’re aware Impressive Printing has been a very good customer of your bank over the years
…And as you know we always try to take care for our very best customers
– Consequently sometimes we would expect to be treated as loyal customers should be
– Do you know that Impressive Printing has done more than 7 million dollars in business this year alone?
…You know that’d be real shame to have to take our business else where
…Wouldn’t you agree Mr Jones?
– Ok. I will liaise with Mr Smith’s secretary later this afternoon and will see if we can come up with it for you
– You do that, Mr Jones. It was so nice talking to you. And I expect to be hearing from you very soon.
– Good day, Mr Brown