– Ok…… ok, thanks, goodbye.
– Making plans for this weekend?
– Actually, yes. I have to go out of town for a funeral
– Oh, I’m sorry to hear that.
– My condolecenses on the departure of your loved one
– She’s a distance relative.
… I’ve only met her once or twice. She’s my cousin’s grandmother.
– Do you mind if I ask how she died?
– Old age. She was 97 years old.
… She was making cookies in the kitchen and she just … be hold over and died
– 97 years old. How about that? She was a living history
– What a way to go 97 and still had energy to cook. I shouldn’t be so lucky
– Yeah, she remained active for whole life. She doesn’t look a day over 75
– Oh, how many days will you be gone?
– I’ll only be gone for 3 days. But there’s so much work to be done here
– Don’t worry about it. We’ll cover for you til you return
– It’s only 3 days though, and we just keep on keeping on until you get back,
…. and if there’s any emergency, we’ll call you
– Don’t you even think about not going.
…. You shoud pay your respects to your relative
– And I’m sure the whole family will there too
– Yeah, that’s true.
…There’s nothing like a funeral or a marriage to bring people together