– Hi! Dave. How was the funeral?
– Pretty good I suppose, as far as those things go
– It’s good to have you back, Dave
…We’ve missed you while you’re gone
– Yeah, right. I guess things’ve been pretty quiet around here without me
– Not a chance of that. Things have been quite busy around here since you left
– Oh, that’s what I like to hear
…Now, let’s get to work
…James, Sue, How was the meeting this morning?
– Oh, they made an interesting proposition
– Summarize for me. Give me the quick version
– Well, in a nutshell, they matched loyal loan of 1.5 million but with the minimal 1% interest rate
– My goodness. That’s too good to be true
…What’s the catch?
– The bank wants 10% ownership and the factory has to be located in China
– Have the factory in China?
…Sue, what do you think of this?
– The cost of setting up new factory in China would be a fraction of the cost of setting one up here
– Why is that?
– Labor, land and materials are all cheaper there and the government has tax free economic zone
– Why didn’t we think of that?
– It’s incredible that we didn’t think of setting up a factory in China earlier
– It seems so obvious now
– Dave what are you thinking?
– What am I thinking?
…I’m thinking that they don’t speak English in China
…You’d better begin practicing Mandarin
– ‘Ni hao ma’ means ‘Hello’ in Chinese