Getting ready to work
– Jane. Are you free now?
– Yes, I am
– Would you come to my office now, please?
– Yes, David .I’ll be there in a moment
– So Jane, how were you settling in ?
– Everything seems to be fine
– Have you got everything you need ?
– No, not yet. I need to go to the stationery department
– Ok, I’ll ask Anna to show you later
– Will she also show me around the office?
– Yes, of course she will
…It looks like a big place
…If you have any problems or questions, you can always ask Anna
About the contract
– Have you read and signed the contract yet?
– Yes, I have. Here it is
– Do you understand the terms and conditions ?
– Yes, I think so
– If you have any questions, you can ask me any time
– Ok. How long does the probation period last?
– The probation period lasts for three months
– And then what happens?
– What happens is that I will review your performance
– Can you tell me what part of my performance you will look at?
– Yes, I will look at you punctuality, work performance and your relation with me
– What happens if I do not pass my probation?
– If you do not pass, then you will need to find another job
– Do I get a second chance here?
– No, I’m sorry. You do not get a second chance here
Questions about office policy
– And what is the yearly evaluation ?
– Every year I will evaluate your performance
– And then what?
– Then I will decide whether or not you deserve to a pay raise
– Does the company also provide medical insurance ?
– Yes, we do
– What kind of insurance is it?
– It’s poli-comprehensive
– Do I get on automatic cover?
– Yes, you do get on automatic cover
– How much holiday time am I allowed?
– You are allowed two weeks every year
– Can I take it any time?
– Yes, you can take it any time
– I think this is a fair company
– Yes, we are a fair company