Holding the line
– Hello, this is the Multiplus company
– Hello, is that the sales and marketing department?
– Yes, it is .How can I help you?
– I’d like to speak with Mr. Smith, please ?
– Could I ask who is calling please?
– Yes. My name’s Michelle Anderson
– Ok. Ms. Anderson. Would you mind holding the line a moment ?
– Thank you
– Mr. Smith, you have Ms. Anderson on line 1
– Oh , no. I don’t want to talk to her
– Should I tell her that you’re busy and you’ll call her back later ?
– Yes, tell her that
Taking a message
– I’m afraid Mr. Smith is too busy right now to take your call
– I see. Can you ask him to call me back, please ?
– Certainly. Can I have your number?
– Yes, it’s 4441234
– Thank you.
– Here you go
– Oh, did she say what she wanted?
– No, she just wants you to call her back
– Anything else?
– Ok. Thanks
– Hello. Mr. Smith’s office
– Can I speak to Mr. Smith please?
– I’m sorry. Mr. Smith is in the meeting right now
– Oh, I see. This isn’t an important call though
– Could I ask who is calling, please ?
– Yes, I’m calling from Mr. Johnson’s office
– To whom am I speaking?
– My name is Jane. I’m Mr. Smith’s new secretary
– Nice to meet you Jane
…Could you please tell Mr. Smith to call Mr. Johnson today?
– What is it about?
– Mr. Johnson would like to talk about the prices of your products
– Ok. I’ll tell him as soon as he finishes the meeting
– Ok. Thank you. Goodbye