– So, John, what did you want to talk about?
– Well, it’s about the new prices that you charge
– What about my prices?
…Is there a problem?
– Well, yes. They are far too high
– No, they are not
…Lisa, can you show Mr. Smith the competitor analysis that we did?
– Here it is Mr. Smith
– Oh, I see that our prices are higher than these brands that you’ve researched
– You understand me now?
– Yes, I do understand but I can explain
– Well, I’m willing to listen
– There are 3 reasons why we cost more than our competitors
– Firstly, we use plastic and not paper to make our products
– Plastic is stronger and more durable
– Oh, I see
– Secondly, we have 24-hour service hotline, should there be any problems
– Yes, I’ve used this before
– Were they helpful?
– Yes, I suppose they were
– And thirdly, we have a 30-day return and refund policy
– Ok. None of your competitors offer this
– Yes, I know
– But I still think you are too expensive
– But we are the best
– But I can no longer afford it
– This is a difficult situation
– Look. I have to lower my expenditure
– How long have we done business together?
– 15 years and I have been a good customer
– OK. I can give you a 7% discount
– Ok. Look, David. Can you give me a 10% discount?
– No. I’m sorry. I can’t
– Ok. I will take the 7% discount
– Great. I hope that’s helpful
– Ok. At least, I don’t have to change the suppliers now
– Good. I’ll send the new contract over tomorrow
– I look forward to receiving then