Answering the phone
– Hello, Mr. Smith’s office. Jane’s speaking
– Yes, is this the Multiplus company?
– Yes, is is
…May I please speak to Mr. Smith?
– I’m sorry sir. Mr. Smith is busy right now
– Oh, well, is this the Sales & Marketing department?
– Yes, it is. What is nature of your call?
– I wish to make a complaint
– Ok, sir. You can tell me your complaint
– Will you pass it on to Mr. Smith for me?
– Yes, sir. I will pass it on to him
Holding on the phone
– Could you just hold on the line a moment whilst I get my pen and paper ready?
– Certainly, no problem
– OK. I’m ready now
…Could I have your name please?
– My name is Edward Brown
– And what is your company name?
– I’m calling from the Brown Sugar company
– Have you been using our products for a long time?
– Yes, I have. I’ve been a customer for 5 years now
Receiving a complaint
– Could you tell me what is the problem?
– Recently, the problem has been damaged product packaging
– Could you be more specific please?
– Yes, when you sent me the products, the packaging around it is damaged
– Is there also damaged inside?
– Yes, it is, sometimes
– Is this the first time you’ve called to complain?
– Yes, it is
– Are there any other problems?
– Yes, occasionally the delivery arrives a day late
– Does it happen often?
– Yes, it has happened often
– Thank you for alerting us to these problems
– Well, I hope you can fix them for me
– Yes, I’m very sorry to hear that you’ve had these difficulties
– That’s OK. But I expect to see an improvement soon
– Yes, sir. I will pass all your complaints straight away
– Ok. Thank you. Goodbye