Asking about a pay raise
– Yes, Jane, are you ready for your performance review?
– Yes, I think so
– Ok. Please come to my office after lunch
– I’m a little nervous
– Don’t worry
– Ok, I’ll try not to be
– I see that you’re always here on time in the morning
– Yes, I don’t like to be late
– And you’ve managed to handle all the new work
– I do like a challenge
– Would you like more responsibility?
– I could handle more responsibility
– Really? Why?
– Because I work really hard
– And what have you learnt in your time here?
– I’ve learnt how to handle difficult customers
– Would you like a better salary?
– Yes, I would
– OK. I’ll review your salary at our next meeting
– Thank you
Asking about holiday time
– I would like to apply for some holiday time
– OK. How long have you been working here for?
– 6 months
– That means you can have 10 days holiday
– Can I take it next month?
– Maybe. First, you need to fill out an application form
– OK. When will I know when I can go on a holiday?
– Hand the form back to me today. And you should know within 2 days
– I want to go visit my brother in Scotland
– Oh, that sounds nice